– 4 ½ cups water
– 1 ½ pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
– 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
– 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
– ¼ cup green onions
– ¼ cup chopped celery
– ¾ cup mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 cup chow mein noodles, divided
– Lettuce leaves
– In large pot, bring water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook 4 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Drain shrimp and rinse with cold water. Place in refrigerator until chilled, then peel, devein, and chop the shrimp.
– In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked shrimp, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions and celery.
– In a separate small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger; stir thoroughly. Add to shrimp mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill.
– Just before serving, stir in ¾ cup chow mein noodles. Divide salad evenly among 4 lettuce-lined plates and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup noodles.